Do you have what it takes to become a dynamic leader and change yourself and the world?
Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) is an intensive leadership experience organized by Rotary clubs and districts where you develop your skills as a leader while having fun and making connections.
2024 RYLA Details
June 6-9, 2024
YMCA Camp Colman in Longbranch, WA
Grades 10 & 11 (age 16 & 17)
None! Poulsbo Rotary covers cost for participating students
RYLA Northwest is a near-peer facilitated, small group-based program. Students are organized into teams and presented with a series of mental and physical challenges to test their leadership skills. Program alumni lead these small group teams, demonstrating the servant leadership principles the program seeks to teach. RYLA Northwest curriculum is based on the concept of challenge by choice. Students are encouraged to step outside their comfort zone to try new skills.
For instance, students afraid of public speaking are invited to interview and introduce program speakers. Within the context of team-based leadership, we challenge the leader-follower dichotomy. Because team challenges are so varied, no one student can “lead” all the time. Students support one another, sharing what they know and encouraging their peers to grow.
- Connect with leaders in your community and around the world.
- Build communication and problem-solving skills
- Discover strategies for becoming a dynamic leader in your school or community
- Learn from community leaders, inspirational speakers, and peer mentors
- Great addition to your resume for school or technical application
- Unlock your potential to turn motivation into action
- Have fun and form lasting friendships
Over 55 Years of RYLA Northwest
Over 5600 students have had the opportunity to participate in this rewarding 4-day leadership conference.
Come one, come all! Next steps for identifying and sending your future leaders. Also, Rotarians welcome.
For Families and Students
What do you need to do to prepare? What have you signed up for? And more.